The Science Behind
Cooling the mouth (oral cryotherapy) during and after dental treatments has been proven as an effective way to manage post-operative oral pain and discomfort. Previously, dental practitioners only had access to somewhat imperfect methodologies for relieving oral pain that include products like external ice packs and saline rinses. Denta-Cool™ works by lowering the temperature at the site of the dental procedure and causing vasoconstriction: constricts the blood vessels, which reduces swelling and inflammation. It also numbs the nerve endings to bring immediate relief to any pain.
The Denta-Cool™ mouthpiece is the only dental device, similar to an ice pack, for inside the mouth that comfortably cools the entire oral cavity for a longer period of time than traditional cryotherapy.
The results are certified by thermographer Julie Conner, CCT.
The Denta-Cool™ reduced patients’ oral temperature by an average of 31.2 degrees Fahrenheit.
Intraoral Scan Test Results of Denta-Cool™ in Action
The intra-oral scan at the far left shows a subject’s heat distribution before using the Denta-Cool™ Mouthpiece. On the right, the scan shows the heat distribution afterwards. The light area indicates the highest temperature, the dark shows the lowest.
The device was tested on 12 subjects in a room maintained at 70 degrees Fahrenheit. The device was held in the mouth for 30 minutes with the oral cavity scanned just prior to insertion, and immediately after it was removed.
Instruction for Use
- Prior to first use, place unopened unit in the freezer for at least six (6) hours to freeze the center core.
- When center blue core is frozen solid, unit is ready for use.
- Remove unit from packaging and slide insulated sleeve over the base.
- Fit mouthpiece chamber into mouth and place your lips over the raised edge.
- Unit has breathing tubes to allow normal breathing.
- Tilt head back while in use and squeeze the base/insulated sleeve every few minutes to keep cold water circulating inside.
- After your cryotherapy session, clean the device (following the cleaning instructions) and return to the freezer.
- Freeze unit until the center core freezes solid before reapplying (check every 30 minutes).
Note: Safe to apply directly to mouth surfaces. Don’t use cover or towel like you would with an external ice pack.
The unit may produce condensation and the insulated sleeve might become damp while in use.
100% Natural and Reusable
Denta-Cool™ is a unique, patent pending and ergonomic oral cryotherapy device. This FDA registered medical device provides relief to dental patients after oral and gum surgeries, tooth extractions, dental implants and maxillofacial surgeries. Denta-Cool™ mouthpiece delivers continuous cooling for the entire oral cavity. It provides more comfortable and better relief from oral pain, swelling and discomfort than external ice packs without a prescription and no prescription drugs.
Now dental professionals and maxillofacial surgeons can improve the quality of care they provide to patients after dental procedures. Denta-Cool™ helps reduce oral pain and swelling after invasive dental procedures by keeping the mouth cool and comfortable from the inside for an extended period of time.